Tomorrow’s Neighborhoods Today (TNT)
Huntington School (at Sunnycrest and Forest Hill)
Monday, 1/28/08 at 7pm
Discussion: Neighborhoods of Choice.
During the last year and a half that has been spent on the TNT Eastwood 5 Year Plan, discussion has centered on tentative “neighborhoods of choice” within Eastwood- such as Arlington, The Park District, The Hill District and James Terrace. At this meeting, residents will be asked to sit with people from their own neighborhood of choice and discuss issues regarding their part of Eastwood and also what makes their specific area unique from the other areas indicated. Don’t worry if you don’t know what your “neighborhood of choice” is – part of the purpose of the meeting is to define those neighborhoods.
Everyone takes pride in where they live and want the best for Eastwood. Your attendance would be an asset to this meeting and to the future of Eastwood.
Topics to be discussed:
• What is working and what is not within each neighborhood of choice.
• Image: The neighborhood will have a positive image that attracts investment – from homebuyers,homeowners, business, and government.
• Market: The residential and commercial real estate market will reflect the confidence people have in the future of the neighborhood.
• Neighborhood Management: Collective action by residents, institutions, and businesses will ensure the neighborhood will compete well with other neighborhoods for resources.
• Physical Conditions: Physical conditions, whether residential or business, will reflect pride of ownership and a high standard of maintenance.